DESTINATION WEDDING INFORMATION:
- Complimentary Collection does not apply if requested onsite.
- Last minute weddings: A $1,000 USD fee will apply if the Complimentary Wedding Collection is reserved 30 days or less prior to the ceremony date. Wedding will be turned over to the resort for planning once contract and fee is received from the couple.
- Décor included in the wedding collections will be extended exclusively for the ceremony only.
- Upon check-in couples are required to proceed towards the Honeymoon desk in order to reconfirm their Honeymoon Package amenities.
- The sparkling wine toast and cake cutting may be done at the ceremony, cocktail or private function. The resort must be notified of couple’s choice.
- Depending on selection of requested flowers, additional costs may apply. Please note that our onsite flower selection highly depends on the time of year as well as our weekly floral imports. Certain flowers may not be available.
- Additional charge will apply for additional chairs, linens and cake in excess of 30 persons.
- Depending on photography package chosen, it may take up to 3 weeks to receive. If the couple purchases one of the photography packages, the onsite photographers will be able to provide a CD with the images.
- Musician’s selection is subject to availability.
- A $1500 Vendor Supervision Fee and $500,000 Insurance Policy will be required for any third party vendor needing to carry out audiovisual work, bringing their own DJ equipment, or installing heavy duty materials (trussing structures, tents, hanging fabrics, etc) within our establishment.
- In case of inclement weather, fireworks display presentation will not be extended. No credits will be adjusted.
- No personal checks will be accepted at the resort.
- We will provide couples with a variety of in-house services to choose from. A third party vendor fee of $1,000.00 USD will apply per outside vendor and entertainer hired by the couple and not contracted by the hotel as a preferred vendor. If vendor provides multiple services, the fee will apply per service. The fee covers one (1) person for one (1) day. Additional persons that work for vendors, or access on additional days, will be charged a day pass.
- All private functions that are hosted outdoors must be over by 10:30 PM and will be a buffet dinner only.
- All private functions that are hosted in the ballroom can go until requested time with the purchase of additional hours.
- All private functions that are hosted in the ballroom will be a plated dinner unless a request for Buffet has been made.
- A set up fee is incurred when the cocktail and/or private function is on the beach or on the terrace with no elevator access. For a cocktail hour, it is $6 USD per person and for a private function, it is $12 USD per person (ages 4 and up).
- Pool areas are not available for cocktail/private functions until 6:00 PM.
- $50 per guest for 2 hours.
- Additional hours:
- 7:00 AM through 11:00 PM: $6 USD per guest, per hour – applies for adults and children.
- 11:00 PM through 7:00 AM: $6 USD per guest, per hour plus $95 USD per staff, per hour.
- Includes standard décor (tablecloth and napkins)
- Event includes function space, menu and open bar service.
- Buffet and plated dinner services require a minimum of 20 persons.
- Plated dinner is offered in indoor areas only.
*Additional costs are associated with table décor and flowers.
*Prices for cocktail party and private functions apply for events above and beyond what is included in our Wedding Group Benefits.
DAY PASSES FOR NON-HARD ROCK WEDDING GUESTS:
- 2020: $119.00 per adult & children (13-18) / $58.00 per child (4-12)
- *The hotel will only allow the purchase of wedding passes up to a maximum of 20% of the hotel number of guests attending the wedding. The day passes are only guaranteed on the day of the ceremony. The Wedding Day Passes allow access to the hotel during the ceremony and until the wedding events are done.
CIVIL / LEGAL CEREMONIES – DOCUMENTS REQUIRED & OVERVIEW:
- The couple is required to arrive at the resort 3 business days (Monday through Friday) prior to the ceremony. They must arrive by 12:00 PM in order for the day of arrival to count towards a business day.
- Government/Administrative fee of $650 USD will apply. This is in addition to the collection cost.
- Government/Administration fee of $750 will apply for a Saturday ceremony and a fee of $850 will apply for a Sunday ceremony.
- Civil Ceremonies are performed in Spanish. If needed, a translator can be hired at an additional fee.
- Birth Certificates (certified copy of each)
- Valid Passports
- Original blood test (to determine Blood type, H.I.V. and S.T.D). Test must be taken at the resort and results are ready within 24 hours. This fee is included in the Government / Administrative fee. If test is positive, a special release must be signed by couple in order to proceed with the ceremony.
- Certified copy of former spouse’s Death Certificate (if applicable)*
- If divorced, a certified copy of Divorce Decree is required. If divorced more than once, please bring each Divorce Decree. If divorced less than one year, mandatory pregnancy test will be required. Additional fee of $15.00 USD approximately applies if a pregnancy test is required.
- Legal documentation of adoption or name change (if applicable)*
- Tourist ID (Provided by customs upon your arrival at Cancun International Airport). Please be sure to complete all information correctly on tourist ID, otherwise you may need to obtain a new Tourist ID at the Airport.
- Name, age, nationality, home address, occupation, passport and tourist ID of 4 witnesses. Witnesses must arrive two (2) business days (Monday – Friday) prior to ceremony. Witnesses must be 18 years or older. If witnesses are not available, Hard Rock Hotel Cancun will provide them at no additional cost.
- Civil Ceremonies are performed Monday – Sunday.
SYMBOLIC CEREMONIES – DOCUMENTS REQUIRED & OVERVIEW:
- The couple is required to arrive at the resort 2 business days (Monday through Friday) prior to the ceremony. They must arrive by 12:00 PM in order for the day of arrival to count towards a business day.
- Symbolic ceremonies are not legally binding. It is the responsibility of the couple to get legally married in their hometown – whether it’s pre or post travel.
- Vow renewal ceremonies and same sex marries can be performed.
- Passport and Tourist ID of both individuals.
- Home address and occupation of both individuals.
- Marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Symbolic ceremonies are performed Monday – Sunday.
- All weddings will require a $300 USD non-refundable deposit to confirm the wedding date.
- The non-refundable deposit will be applied to the couple’s Wedding Proposal and can be used towards a Colin Cowie Wedding Collection or optional services. If the couple chooses to change their wedding to a later time, then the remaining balance will be applied at the time of the requested change, if applicable.
- Final payment for all wedding services are due 45 days prior to ceremony.
- Cancellations made 31 days or more prior to the wedding – deposit is not refundable. All other payments are refundable.
- Cancellations made 30 days or less prior to the wedding – all payments are non-refundable.
- *Please note that Birth Certificates, Divorce Decrees, Death Certificates, adoption and name change documents will become the property of the State of Quintana Roo, Mexico. Ceremony cannot be performed unless all documents are in order.
- All documents must be translated into Spanish at the resort. In order to do this all, documents presented must be issued in English. If Birth Certificates are not issued in English, please notify your wedding planner. Additional paperwork will apply. Cost may vary depending on number of pages per document. Translation cost will be charged once on property.
- A marriage certificate is provided by the State of Quintana Roo, Mexico for civil ceremonies, this is a legal document issued in Spanish. All wedding couples must contract their local court house for filing requirements. Every state/country is different when it comes to filing of foreign marriage documents. Some states/countries require the certificates to be translated from Spanish to English. Hard Rock is not liable for any additional charges that may be associated according to the state/countries requirements on supplementary paperwork.