Los Cabos Marriage Requirements
DESTINATION WEDDING INFORMATION:
- Complimentary Collection does not apply if requested onsite.
- Last minute weddings: A $1,000 USD fee will apply if the Complimentary Wedding Collection is reserved 30 days or less prior to the ceremony date.Wedding will be turned over to the resort for planning once contract and fee is received from the couple.
- A third party vendor fee of $1,000.00 USD will apply per outside vendor hired by the couple and not contracted by the hotel as a preferred vendor. If vendor provides multiple services, the fee will apply per service. The fee covers one (1) person for one (1) day. Additional persons that work for vendors, or access on additional days will be charged a day pass. If you would like for the vendor to eat at the event, a day pass must be purchased.
- Décor included in the wedding collections will be extended exclusively for the ceremony.
- Upon check-in couples are required to proceed towards the Honeymoon desk in order to reconfirm their Honeymoon Package amenities.
- The sparkling wine toast may be done at the ceremony, cocktail or private function. The resort must be notified of couple’s choice.
- The cake cutting may be done at the cocktail or private function. The resort must be notified of couple’s choice.
- Depending on selection of requested flowers, additional costs may apply. Please note that our onsite flower selection highly depends on the time of year as well as our weekly oral imports. Certain flowers may not be available.
- Additional charge will apply for additional chairs, linens and cake in excess of 32 persons.
- Depending on photography package chosen, it may take up to 8 weeks to receive by mail. If the couple purchases one of the photography packages with a CD included, the onsite photographers will be able to provide a CD with the images. • Musician’s selection is subject to availability.
- No personal checks will be accepted at the Hard Rock Hotel Los Cabos.
- Same Sex Symbolic Ceremonies can be performed at all properties.
- A set up fee is incurred when a cocktail and/or private function is on the beach or an area with limited or with no elevator access. For a cocktail hour, it is $6 USD per person (ages 4 and up). For a private function, it is $12 USD per person (ages 4 and up). For a cocktail hour and private function, it is $18 USD per person (ages 4 and up).
- Pool areas are not available for cocktail/private functions until 7:00 PM.
- All private functions that are hosted outdoors must be over by 10:30 PM and will be a buffet dinner only.
- All private functions that are hosted in the ballroom can go until requested time with the purchase of additional hours and additional staff fee.
- Private functions in ballrooms may be either plated or buffet. Couple must notify hotel of choice.
CIVIL / LEGAL CEREMONIES – DOCUMENTS REQUIRED & OVERVIEW:
- The couple is required to arrive at the resort 3 business days (Monday through Friday) prior to the ceremony. They must arrive by 12:00 PM in order for the day of arrival to count towards a business day.
- Government/Administrative fee of $650 USD will apply. This is in addition to the collection cost.
- Government/Administration fee of $750 will apply for a Saturday ceremony and a fee of $850 will apply for a Sunday ceremony.
- Civil Ceremonies are performed in Spanish. If needed, a translator can be hired at an additional fee.
- Birth Certificates (certified copy of each)
- Valid Passports
- Original blood test (to determine Blood type, H.I.V. and S.T.D). Test must be taken at the resort and results are ready within 24 hours. This fee is included in the Government / Administrative fee. If test is positive, a special release must be signed by couple in order to proceed with the ceremony.
- Certified copy of former spouse’s Death Certificate (if applicable)*
- If divorced, a certified copy of Divorce Decree is required. If divorced more than once, please bring each Divorce Decree. If divorced less than one year, mandatory pregnancy test will be required. Additional fee of $15.00 USD approximately applies if a pregnancy test is required.
- Legal documentation of adoption or name change (if applicable)*
- Tourist ID (Provided by customs upon your arrival at the airport). Please be sure to complete all information correctly on tourist ID, otherwise you may need to obtain a new Tourist ID at the Airport.
- Name, age, nationality, home address, occupation, passport and tourist ID of 4 witnesses. Witnesses must arrive two (2) business days (Monday – Friday) prior to ceremony. Witnesses must be 18 years or older. If witnesses are not available, Hard Rock Hotel Los Cabos will provide them at no additional cost.
- Civil Ceremonies are performed Monday – Sunday.
SYMBOLIC CEREMONIES – DOCUMENTS REQUIRED & OVERVIEW:
- The couple is required to arrive at the resort 2 business days (Monday – Friday) prior to the ceremony. They must arrive by 12:00 PM in order for the day of arrival to count towards a business day.
- Symbolic Ceremonies are not legally binding.
- Passport and tourist ID of each in the couple.
- Home addresses and occupations of the couple.
- Marriage certificate (if applicable).
- It is the responsibility of the couple to get legally married in their home town whether it’s pre/post travel.
- Do not send documents by mail.
- Symbolic Ceremonies can be performed in either English or Spanish.
- Same Sex Symbolic Ceremonies may be performed at Hard Rock Hotel Los Cabos.
- Symbolic ceremonies are performed Monday – Sunday.
CATHOLIC CEREMONIES – DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS & OVERVIEW
- The couple is required to arrive at the resort 3 business days (Monday – Friday) prior to the ceremony. They must arrive by 12:00 PM in order for the day of arrival to count towards a business day.
- Fee of $800.00 USD will apply for Monday – Friday Catholic Ceremony. This fee is in addition to the wedding ceremony cost.
- Fee of $950.00 USD will apply for Catholic Ceremonies on holidays. This fee is in addition to the wedding ceremony cost.
- Catholic ceremonies may be performed in Spanish.
- The couples must check with their local Parish for all requirements to proceed with a foreign ceremony.
- When all requirements have been completed, the couple will receive a Letter of Permission, signed and sealed by their local Parish Priest and Diocese Bishop, confirming completion. The letter must be submitted to the Parish of El Buen Pastor in Cabo San Lucas BCS, 3 months prior to the ceremony date.
- Please email scanned copies of the following documents to email@example.com (please bring original documents at your arrival to the hotel):
- Letter of Permission.
- Certificate of Baptism (of both)
- Certificate of Confirmation (of both)
- Record of premarital course required by your local Parish. *These documents are provided to you by your local Parish.
- If the couple is bringing a Priest to perform the ceremony, they must send the Priest’s credentials to the Parish of El Buen Pastor. The couple must confirm with the Priest whether he will be bringing in his own sacred items. If not, the couple may request the sacred items to be provided by the Parish of El Buen Pastor in Cabo San Lucas BCS.
- When all documents have been submitted, the couple must notify their wedding planner, who will follow up with the Parish to ensure everything has been received.
- CATHOLIC CHAPEL IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR CATHOLIC CEREMONIES. CATHOLIC CEREMONIES ARE PERFORMED MONDAY-SATURDAY
- *Please note that Birth Certificates, Divorce Decrees, Death Certificates, adoption and name change documents will become the property of the State of Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ceremony cannot be performed unless all documents are in order.
- All documents must be translated into Spanish at the resort. In order to do this all, documents presented must be issued in English. If Birth Certificates are not issued in English, please notify your wedding planner. Additional paperwork will apply. Cost may vary depending on number of pages per document. Translation cost will be charged on property.
- A marriage certificate is provided by the State of Baja California Sur, for civil ceremonies, this is a legal document issued in Spanish. All wedding couples must contract their local court house for ling requirements. Every state/country is different when it comes to ling of foreign marriage documents. Some states/countries require the certificates to be translated from Spanish to English. The Hotel is not liable for any additional charges that may be associated according to the state/countries requirements on supplementary paperwork.
- As of January 1, 2013 a Single Status Declaration will be required for all couples getting married in Baja California Sur. This is proof of single status in the State of Baja California Sur, Mexico and has been added by the state government for all weddings. This new legal requirement will have an additional cost which will be included in the $800/$950 USD Governmental fee. Only 1 document will be needed for single people and two documents will be required if either the bride or groom is divorced.